Diploma in Event Management (DEM)
Eligibility: Undergraduate (Class 12)
Duration: 11 months, part-time
Recognized & Accredited By Event & Entertainment Management Association
- Introduction to Event Management
- Brand Management & Marketing
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Event Planning, Ideation & Costing
- Creatives & Collaterals
- Event Technicals
- Celebrity, Artist & Talent Management
- Set Design
- Event Categories
- Licenses & Permissions
The EMDI edge
- Flexible timings to accommodate working executives and full-time graduate students
- Field work and live projects
- Opportunity to work on over a 100 events annually
- Special sessions by industry stalwarts
- Specific modules on Presentation and Communication Skills
Practical industry experience
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand ~ Confucius
The focus of any program at EMDI goes way beyond simply imparting knowledge. For us, balancing theory and practical applications is sacrosanct. We, at EMDI, ensure that our students are completely industry ready, with requisite training, knowledge, skill, execution capabilities and well-honed creativity.
For our Event Management Course, we achieve this balance in several ways. We have top industry professionals coming in for guest lectures and discussions. To understand their chosen field in greater depth, our students go on regular site visits and attend industry relevant workshops. We ensure that our Event Management students assist in conceptualizing, planning and executing events – big and small. They also assist, in other aspects, for some of the biggest events India has seen, including the coveted Barclays Premier League, The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival, The Times Literature Festival, The Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon and televised events like Dance India Dance and Bigg Boss, among many others. Our students have helped organize popular music fests such as NH7 Weekender, EVC and Sunburn.
We completely understand that without actual work experience, the transition from being a student to a professional can be very difficult. To make this transition easier, our students also get internship opportunities with some of the biggest companies in the sector, including Percept India, UTV Motion Pictures, Fountainhead Promotions & Events Pvt. Ltd., Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. and Only Much Louder Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. (OML).
With so much experience and exposure, it’s no surprise that our students have been absorbed by some of the very best companies in the country such as:
- Percept Limited
- Seventy Media Group
- Star India Pvt. Ltd.
- UTV Motion Pictures
- Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
- Oaks Management Company Private Limited (OMCPL)
- Xenia Hospitality Group
- Enchanted Valley Carnival (EVC)
At EMDI, enthusiastic entrepreneurs get their chance to start their own Event Management Companies, because of the intensive Entrepreneurship Module.
If you have the passion, we have the opportunity!
Our students are the epitome of enthusiasm and motivation. Willing to grab every opportunity that comes their way, our students put in their 100% to make a mark in the industry. And we, at EMDI, ensure that they receive every opportunity to do so. This includes:
- Inculcating corporate readiness.
- Offering multiple opportunities to assist organizing prestigious events such as the Sunburn, Enchanted Valley Carnival (EVC), Bacardi NH7 Weekender, Filmfare Awards, India International Jewelry Show (IIJS), JGEPC’s Signature, The Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon, Dance India Dance (Zee TV – Zee Entertainment Enterprises) and Femina Miss India.
- Organizing their very own event – SWAT (Students Working Against Tobacco) – where they are responsible for conceptualizing and executing the entire event and all allied activities.
- Giving them a close glimpse of the entertainment industry and allowing them to be a part of it even before the course is over.
- Partnering and collaborating with leading companies in the sector and giving students access to industry stalwarts and their expertise.
- Keeping them abreast with the latest technology, licensing laws, regulations and marketing, advertising and promotional tools.
- Updating and upgrading teaching methodologies and tools.
- Constantly evolving the curriculum to include current changes and trends.
Our Special IP Opportunity
A glamorous fashion show…
A musical odyssey…
A feast for your senses…
Whatever your idea may be, EMDI can bring it to life!
Under the guidance of our faculty, powered by your motivation and drive, you can see your event concept become a reality. Every year, the best event property idea, one with highest potential, will be chosen and EMDI will put the students in touch with the right people to make it big!
This happens only at EMDI!
Faculty & Guest Lecturers for Event Management courses
||Crayons Advertising and Marketing Pvt. Ltd.
||Seven Shades Pvt. Ltd.
||The Times Group
||End-To-End Financial Enterprises
||Founder & Owner
||Matrix Publicities & Media India (Pvt.) Ltd. – a WPP Company
||Image Consultant/ Anchor/ TV Host & Founder
||Fountainhead Promotions & Events Pvt. Ltd.
||Consumer Links Marketing Pvt. Ltd.
||Maximus MICE & Media Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
||Redfuse Events Pvt. Ltd.
||Swaaha Wedding Management Company
||Magic Oxide Design Studio Pvt. Ltd.
||Musenly Ventures Pvt Ltd
|Prof. R. Venkatesh
|Prof. Sandeep Nemlekar
||Deep Archan Management Consultancy
|Prof. Ramkishen Y
||Platinum World Avanti Arts
||Ripplez Xperiential Marketing
||Head of Operations
||AA Globe Services Pvt. Ltd.
||Dy. Manager – People Resources
||Matrix IEC Pvt. Ltd.
||Gravity Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
||Director and Trainer
||Director & Promoter
||Twisted Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. – Enchanted Valley Carnival
||Opulence Events and Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
||Ice-Global Pvt. Ltd.
||Colour Events and Promotion
||Team Rustic Pvt. Ltd.